Tuesday, December 4th
7:00 – 9:00 pm
The theme is: “Long Goodbyes”
Have fun with this theme and share your well crafted 5 minute stories at our fourth South Side Story Slam!
Admission: $ 7.00, includes one beverage and refreshments
Basic Rules and Details:
- 1) Stick to the theme
- 2) No papers – Story is told from memory, BUT not memorized
- 3) No props, musical instruments.
- 4) 5 minute limit, points deducted if you go over
- 5) Judges base scores on how well the teller crafted and told the story. (Content is given twice the weight of delivery). Did story address the theme and time limit
- 6) Must be “true” story of teller’s own creation. No myths, legends or cultural tales
- 7) Open to anyone 18 or over who puts their name in the ”hat.”
- 8) Ten slots. There may be more than 10 people who want to tell.
- Not all will go.
If any of our seasoned storytellers receiving this wants to be a “celebrity judge” please let me know.
Questions? Reservations? To Volunteer? Please get in touch.
Complete information on SHoP’s website: southsidehub.wordpress.com.
Judith Heineman, juhestories at aol.com; 312-925-0439
Kirsten Madsen: kirsten madsen at uchicago.edu, 817-271-3456.
Laura Shaeffer, Artistic Director of SHoP: laura.shaeffer at gmail.com, 773-710-5464